Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reception Top 10: #7 The Speech

#7 - The Speech

At most weddings, the host of the party is supposed to give a speech. In my case, it was my parents so my pop, Cliff, spoke for him and my mom. His speech was beautiful and a big hit! I can’t even begin to express the words of love I feel for my parents. My mother has literally dedicated the last 27 years to me and my brother. She has put more heart into being a parent than I can ever imagine another person doing. Her parenting style made me and my brother into two people I know she (and we) are very proud of. And speaking of proud, she should be very proud of herself. If every parent’s goal in life was to be a successful parent, the world would be a better place, and I have to say, my mom is not only a success – she is a phenomenon. Her meeting and marrying Cliff was an absolute plus. She always said she would only remarry if “the man loved her kids as much as she does.” Well, I can wholeheartedly say, she meant what she said. He loves us dearly… As dearly as my wonderful mom does. We are lucky to have him. Here are some sweet pictures from the speech:

No comments:

Post a Comment