Carrie: “Bermuda shorts in BERMUDA?! You kids were crazy down there!!!”
As for me and MY TRES (clearly spelled differently), we will, too, be going to Bermuda on our honeymoon, but I plan on doing a lot more than playing golf, and I also plan to come home and stay married for more than Charlotte and her Trey! Haha… once again, you must know the show to know what I am talking about!
So after a very PINK wedding, my Tres and I will head to a very PINK beach – one of the many reasons Bermuda was the island of our choice! Our other reasons include:
- The Idea – Our #1 no-no was being tourists on our honeymoon… running around with a map and list of places to see (we have years to come to do that, plus we’d rather join our friends for those type trips). We did know we wanted to relax, preferably in a beach atmosphere (put our feet up, play in the sand, drink a few cocktails, go to the spa, etc.).
- Location – We will already be out of town for our destination wedding, so we knew it wouldn’t be possible to go too far from home, so the Caribbean was a shoe-in. Not to mention, the flight to Bermuda is easy as 1,2,3!
- Time crunch – We will already be taking off work so much to get down to New Orleans and get things squared away before the big day, so we couldn’t go on a super long honeymoon. And dare we spend half of our honeymoon on an airplane!
- The Fabulous Resort – I have said before, Tres likes a nice hotel, and he has certainly rubbed off on me. I never thought I cared so much until I started x-ing off islands because of their hotel selection. The resort we found to stay in, Cambridge Beaches, is known to be the most romantic resort on the island!
- The Restaurant and Food Reviews – Food is always a top priority for us. We love a nice dinner with good food and heard that Bermuda has some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean! We will not be going hungry on this trip!
As many of you know, we had narrowed our choices down to St. Barts and Turks and Caicos. Well, it became clear to us that no matter how badly we wanted to go to either of these places, it just wasn’t meant to be. We wrestled with Turks and Caicos until I couldn’t take it anymore. We found the most perfect resort I have ever seen in my life, Amanyara, and the place was closed down for renovations the entire week of our honeymoon. This was probably the biggest letdown for me while planning the honeymoon, but I knew we had to move on. We looked at several other resorts and none compared – it was like comparing Leonardo’s Mona Lisa to an eighth grader’s attempt at an art show, in my opinion. I have to say though, after that, we found a few we liked perfectly fine, but I kept being hesitant and neither me nor Tres would make a move in booking anything in Turks, so we moved along to St. Barts. We discovered the flights to this place were approximately 8 hours with stops. The whole point of going to the Caribbean was a short flight. In this case, we could have gone to the French Rivera or even have been halfway to Tahiti. Can I get a no thank you?! So we went back to Turks. We found a hotel we liked, went to book it, and guess what?! Those flights were impossible too! We just couldn’t catch a break!
The next step? Searching for flight time approximations to every island in the Caribbean! Luckily, Bermuda had been one of our top picks all along, so when we discovered the flights each way were 6 HOURS, we were slapping high fives and jumping up and down. After much difficulty, we had found our honeymoon destination! So all we need now are a few pairs of Bermuda shorts (Charlotte and Trey style, of course), and I need to brush up on my golfing skills. Watch out Bermuda – HERE WE COME!!!