Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Engagement (September 4, 2009)

Our special spot

Our engagement was fantastic, and I couldn’t have asked for anything more! On my list of “Top 5 Places to Visit in the U.S.,” San Francisco had been #1 since I could remember. Little did I know I would have my best friend ask me to be his bride there – right in front of the Golden Gate Bridge!

Me and both rings... haha! I thought this was so funny!

We had been in Napa Valley wine tasting and having a blast for two days straight, but during that time, I had no idea Tres was sweating. Not because he was going to propose to me once we got to San Francisco but because the ring he was supposed to propose with was not ready when we left for the trip – he was waiting on it to be delivered to our Bed and Breakfast in Napa. Tres, always prepared for anything, had went ahead and gotten another ring made just in case. This one came in on time, but it was not the right diamond. All Tres ever heard me say was how I wanted an Emerald shaped diamond, and when he got this one, it was a Radiant shaped diamond. All he could do was hope this other ring would be delivered to Napa and it would look exactly how he hoped it would.

On Friday, September 4, after a few more wine tastings in Napa, we headed to San Fran. He had been there many times before, so today was the day he was supposed to show me around the city. He showed me around Sausalito’s, drove through a park area and up a huge winding mountain, and then we headed to the Golden Gate Bridge. He was really stalling because he was trying to wait until sunset to propose, but we were being speedy tourists this day.

Once we got to the Golden Gate, I noticed a roped off area right in front of the bridge, so I had this big idea to put the video camera on one of the posts from the roped off area and film ourselves in front of the bridge. When we got in front of the camera, he took this as his chance, so he forgot the sunset idea and went for it. Most people say they never remember what was said during a proposal, but when he started talking, I made sure I stopped and listened. What he said was short, sweet, and perfect: “I love you so much, these past two years have been the best two years of my life, and I want that forever. Will you marry me?” After several OMG, Tres, OMG Tres, OMGs, I said yes. After a minute or two, I looked at the ring and almost fell to the ground. This man is oh so good to me, and I know he will be for a lifetime.

No comments: